Engine bearings are one of the most vital components within an engine and are often overlooked when considering high performance upgrades. Performance engineered, multi-layer bearings generate less heat than normal bearings by reducing friction. Cosworth race bearing sets feature unique combinations of design, metallurgy and engineering to deliver performance in extreme conditions. Cosworth race bearings sets are available in three sizes to accommodate most applications.
- High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for better oil control and less friction
- Hardened steel backing on all connecting rod bearings
- Increased crush for better retention
- 3/4 grooving on main bearings providing optimum oil supply
- Tight consistent wall tolerances
- Oversize chamfers where applicable
- Flash plating eliminated for improved heat transfer
- Tested to over 1000 horsepower!
Our bearings are available in 3 sizes: 0 , 1, 2. We do not offer undersized bearings for ground crankshafts.
- Size 1 is what we used to call "STD"
- Size 2 is what we used to call "RACE"
- Size 0 provides .025mm or .001" less oil clearance than our size 1 bearing
- Size 2 provides .025mm or .001" more oil clearance than our size 1 bearing
Bearing half shells can be mixed and match to provide the incremental changes in oil clearance However it is imperative that bearing clearances are measured before selecting the appropriate bearing size.