This kit is designed to replace the OEM stock main bolt with ARP a heavy duty main stud . These head studs are far superior to the OEM head bolts in terms of durability and service life, as they are constructed from a premium grade 8740 chrome-moly steel and heat treated to a nominal tensile strength of 200,000 psi. Threads are rolled after heat treatment to ensure optimum fatigue strength – ensuring that they are fully capable of handling the extra stress of high combustion pressure engines.
- Forged in-house at ARP using only the highest quality materials.
- Heat – treated to ensure optimum fatigue strength (Using special vertical racks to assure complete 360 degree penetration).
- Threads rolled after heat treatment to provide fatigue strength up to ten times longer.
- Precision CNC milling to an exact specification.
- Specially designed for optimum reliability in every application.
- For Mitsubishi Evo I - IX